Sunday, July 13, 2008

It even made the popcorn taste bad

Crap, Life, or two movie studios, owe me a reimbursement of at least three hours. Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason? Why, oh why? At first, I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to see the movie through to the end because I had somewhere to go. That was LONG before the movie started. (It still annoys me that I haven't been able to see the ending to Stephen Chow's soccer movie because it became pixelated near the end and kept cutting to the credits.) After the first five minutes, I comforted myself that I had rented it from the library and it hadn't cost a dime. Then, I kept thinking, well, SOMETHING good has to happen soon.

Nope.

Although I never make fun of people who are overweight (having been heavy myself for a few years, and boy did it suck), all I could think was, Boy, Renee looks terrible. I don't even like really skinny women (Calista Flockhart makes me throw up in my mouth a little whenever I see her. One of the biggest TV disappointments for me was that the kiss on Ally McBeal was between her and Lucy Lui, not Luci and ah, that other blonde who is famous but I don't feel like googling to find her name.)

How Stella Got Her Groove Back wasn't much better, but at least it had Taye (?) Diggs and Angela Bassett. Now SHE is hot, in both the God, I wish I looked like her and Yeah, I'd buy her tequila until she kissed me way.

Off to try to squeeze two humans into one bathing suit.

No comments: