Sunday, July 13, 2008

Libertarians of the world...

At one point during the "in-law" picnic, I thought I was going to go absolutely insane as two chemical engineer/patent lawyers and a lawyer/chemical engineer in training were talking shop, but the conversation turned to politics. I had assumed the the father/son team were right wing Republicans and braced myself for the party line. After a few minutes of give and take between those two, the BF and the other (less conservative) lawyer, I asked the son, "Are you a Libertarian?" He responded in the affirmative, as did the dad, and so I had a ton of questions, having only a rudimentary knowledge of the tenets of the philosophy. Drug laws, public education, gun laws, seat belts, the war in Iraq, personal responsibility, honor and valor, voting/drinking/driving ages, Child and Family protective services, welfare-all were discussed, and I was absolutely fascinated by the responses.

What a couple of foocking fascists, but boy, the chocolate cake couldn't be beat.

No comments: