Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ahhh....

Although I'm embarrassed to admit it, I do peruse Yahoo news every morning and check out my horoscope, more through habit than anything else. If I check my forecast at 7:30, chances are I've forgotten it by 8:05, and have done the opposite of every suggestion by 8:30.
Today's:
The work you've been putting in at the gym is starting to pay off, but not everyone has been following your progress as closely as you think -- don't get upset if no one has noticed you lost a pound or gained some muscles. And whatever you do, don't brag about how healthy you are becoming -- especially right in front of a friend of yours who's about to lunge into an ice cream sundae! You have to be sensitive to the fact that not everyone will make the same kinds of choices that you have.

Okay...I'm 20 weeks pregnant, have gained 16 pounds already, and last night had fettuccine Alfredo, Smartfood and chips ahoy for dinner. I don't think that I'm monitoring what anyone else is putting into their mouths, unless I'm contemplating stealing their plates while they're not looking. And the gym? Once a week, squeezed into my non-maternity workout clothes. Can you even build muscle when you're pregnant???

No comments: