Thursday, June 28, 2007

Company Halt

Help! This is what gets me into trouble. Because I enjoy hanging out with guys and have many male friends, when a man asks me to do something I don't automatically think it's for dating, I assume it's to hang out. I just received an email from one of the dancers asking if I would like to help cook for an upcoming event. This makes sense because in a past life I was, indeed, a line cook. My first reaction is cool, what fun. But after the whole Mr. Monotone incident, I'm a little worried. Most of me thinks, "Well, who the hell do you think you are! Just because you are the Hotness and Queen of the Universe, you should not assume this guy is interested. He needs help cooking." And boy, would I feel like an asshole asking, "Is it a date?" Then I think, "Yeah, sure, don't ask and when he shows up with LAVENDER scented oil, natural lamb skin casings and a wireless beater, what are you going to make with those, huh? Do you want to recreate the scene from Stripes with THAT guy?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And when he does, it usually something interesting.

Anonymous said...

(Taupey)

Kamikazee Squirrel said...

Yeah, but he smells like elderberries.