Friday, February 8, 2008

Kappa Delta Pie

Figuring, what the hell, I just read my Yahoo horoscope. They offer one's Chinese horoscope as well, and again, I figured what the hell. Turns out it's basically the same, just r's where the l's should be.

Ah, an approved personal day in order to attend a meeting on my son's post-high school planning. He gave me a run down of where he would like to apply. He mentioned a local college as a safe school, the one I ended up attending after, ahem, having him rather young. "If you really want to apply there, go ahead, but it doesn't have the major you want, and, quite frankly, you can still attend even without applying during your senior year. Where do you really want to go?"
Georgetown, Tufts, Yale...
"YALE??? Why???" "I have a better chance of getting into Yale than Harvard."
"Honey, if you want to go to Harvard, apply to Harvard! Don't hold yourself back! Dream big! If it's Harvard you want, go for it!"

Damn, I still party occasionally in New Haven, and Good Lord, I wouldn't want to run into him when I'm all drunk and trying to pick up college girls.

No comments: