Saturday, October 27, 2007

Clumsy

Hell No! I ain't insecure! Watch me march into any place, my strides long, confident, shit-eating grin on my face, witty banter at the ready. Hey, you talkin' to me? Huh, I thought so. No, the tattoo did not hurt. Mm-hmm, yep, own my own home, have two degrees, a son on the Honor roll. Alimony? No, the judge wanted me to pay him, but he knew better than to accept. Uh, yeah, I date, but guys usually annoy or bore the hell out of me after two months. Sure, yeah, I'd like to meet your daughters. Wow, they're beautiful, and smart. And thanks for calling when you said you would, and for the rose, and the sweet message. The way you hold me feels incredible. I love the way you pull me close at night, and the way we laugh together. Wow...um, hey, ah...you still seeing other people? Cause, um, you know, I could easily...I could easily...nah, never mind. Oh, my God, I won't say this out loud, but I...please, God, let him say it first, and soon, because I'm fit to burst. I hope he feels it too, and if not, have him tell me that before it really, really hurts.

No comments: